Admiralty and Maritime
Our firm’s flagship practice is admiralty and maritime law. We are widely recognized as an industry leader in the field.
The firm’s attorneys have decades of experience handling:
- all forms of maritime casualties, including collisions, allisions, sinkings, groundings, and fires;
- limitation of liability proceedings;
- all types of cargo claims;
- charter-party disputes;
- general average disputes;
- maritime arrests and attachments;
- vessel construction and repair disputes;
- pollution incidents under the Oil Pollution Act of 1990 (“OPA”),the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act (“CERCLA”) and various international and state regulatory regimes;
- marine insurance claims; and
- personal injury claims.
We also counsel clients in connection with investigations by the United States Coast Guard and other governmental agencies around the world after serious maritime incidents and on how to manage third-party claims arising out of such incidents.
The firm draws on a wide network of engineers, consultants, and experts to assist on all forms of technical issues.