Walter A. Kretz, Jr.
Throughout his nearly thirty years in private practice, Walter Kretz has taken responsibility for civil litigation in federal and state courts, as well as in arbitration, relating to commercial and personal matters for corporate and individual clients, and for negotiating and drafting corporate and individual contracts and operating, shareholder, employment and purchase and sale agreements. Throughout that time, he also has served as conflict counsel for the City of New York in federal and state court litigation. He has tried many cases to verdict in federal and state court, and has argued appeals before New York state and federal appellate courts.
Walter joined Nicoletti Hornig & Sweeney after nearly thirty years as a partner in the now-dissolved firm of Scoppetta Seiff Kretz & Abercrombie, and seven years representing the City of New York in the Affirmative Litigation Division of the New York City Law Department, the last three as the Assistant Chief.
- New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
- New York Law School, New York, New York
- J.D. - 1979
- Rutgers College
- B.A. - 1976
- New York City Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- American Bar Association