TERRY L. STOLTZ
He has extensive experience in maritime and commercial arbitrations and mediations involving disputes arising out of charter parties, bills of lading, vessel sales contracts and commodity sales contracts, including ad hoc proceedings before the Society of Maritime Arbitrators and administered proceedings before the American Arbitration Association and other organizations. He counsels clients engaged in arbitrations in London. Terry also serves as an arbitrator and a mediator.
Terry represents oil and commodity trading companies, not only with respect to their transportations contracts, but also their purchase and sale agreements. He is available to consult clients as disputes arise with an eye toward resolving the problem so as to avoid subsequent litigation or arbitration. He has also assisted clients in drafting standard contract clauses to best protect their interests.
Upon graduation from Columbia Law School, Terry worked with Burlingham Underwood & Lord, becoming a partner in 1981. He joined Nicoletti Hornig & Sweeney in September 2002.
- New York, 1976
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1976
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1976
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 1980
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1983
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 2009
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 1986
- U.S. Court of International Trade, 1996
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2009
- Columbia Law School, New York, New York
Honors and Awards:
- Named as one of New York's "Super Lawyers" Metro Edition (Transportation/Maritime, Insurance, Alternative Dispute Resolution, 2007—); Listed in The New York Area's Best Lawyers (Maritime, 2008—)