KEVIN J.B. O’MALLEY
Kevin O’Malley counsels and represents domestic and international insurers on coverage and other issues arising under marine and non-marine property and liability policies such as open cargo / stock throughput, commercial output, marine general liability, commercial general liability, inland marine, hull and machinery, protection and indemnity, and charterer’s liability policies. He also counsels and represents vessel owners, logistics providers, freight forwarders, transportation companies, shippers, terminals, commodity traders and others in the domestic and international shipping and transportation industries on commercial disputes, cargo damage claims and defense, marine casualties, oil spill response and other areas relevant to the industry. Kevin also represents underwriters and multi-national freight forwarding / transportation industry clients in subrogation and recovery matters. He has a nationwide litigation and an international arbitration practice.
Kevin and a team of U.S. and international colleagues also provide a wide range of trade advisory services to the firm’s multi-national clients, including filings with the Department of Transportation, the Federal Aviation Administration, the Transportation Security Administration, the Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC) and other U.S. government agencies.
Kevin regularly counsels underwriters on their policy forms and other clients on their commercial transactions, including the drafting of the contracts and other documents needed to effect their business goals.
- New York, 2000
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 2000
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 2000
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 2005
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 2003
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 2020
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 2006
- Tulane University Law School, New Orleans, Louisiana
- J.D. – 1999
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Lemle & Kelleher Award, Admiralty Law, 1999
- Honors: CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Marine Insurance, 1999
- Honors: Certificate, Maritime Law
- Honors: Certificate, Commercial Arbitration
- Bucknell University, Lewisburg, Pennsylvania
- B.A. – 1996
- Honors: Alpha Lamda Delta Honor Society