DOUGLAS K. SCHELLER, JR.
Douglas Scheller is a maritime associate who has merged his personal and professional experience on the water with his legal focus. He has counseled and advocated for a variety of marine commercial, professional, and recreational clientele. His representation ranges from providing pre-litigation advice, to managing active litigation, as well as devising strategic solutions for complex coverage disputes. In addition, Douglas routinely handles ocean and inland transportation of goods subrogation matters and assists the firm’s Trade Advisory team in providing a wide range of services to the firm’s multinational clients. He has a depth of experience spanning federal and state courts in multiple jurisdictions, along with arbitration matters.
Douglas completed his J.D. at Tulane University Law School in 2017, where he earned a Certificate of Specialization in Maritime Law and served as President of the Maritime Law Society. Prior to joining Nicoletti, Hornig & Sweeney, Douglas worked at a distinguished New York maritime law firm specializing in complex insurance defense and coverage matters. Douglas is currently admitted to practice in the states of New York, California, and Florida.
- New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- Tulane Law School, New Orleans, Louisiana
- J.D., - 2017
- Honors: Certificate of Specialization in Maritime Law
- Honors: Managing Editor of the Tulane Journal of International and Comparative Law
- Honors: President of the Maritime Law Society 2016-17
- University of Massachusetts at Amherst
- B.A., - 2013