ALEX B. PIA
Alex B. Pia joined Nicoletti Hornig & Sweeney in 2020 and is an associate with the firm's litigation department.
Mr. Pia's practice focuses on advising international and domestic owners and insurers on complex admiralty and maritime disputes.
Mr. Pia also represents clients in non-maritime matters in the firm's general litigation practice. He has worked on bankruptcy proceedings, high net worth trusts and estates disputes, construction, and real estate disputes.
Before coming to Nicoletti Hornig & Sweeney, Mr. Pia practiced at New York City's largest real estate law firm representing many of New York's largest landlords and developers.
As a student at Brooklyn Law School, Mr. Pia served as an editor of the Brooklyn Law Review, a judicial intern in Judge Katherine Levine's chambers at the Kings County Supreme Court, a Sparer Fellow with the Criminal Defense Practice at Brooklyn Defender Services, and an intern with the Criminal Trial Practice at The Legal Aid Society of New York City.
- New York
- Brooklyn Law School, Brooklyn, New York
- J.D. – 2019
- Honors: Edward V. Sparer Public Interest Fellowship
- Honors: Dean’s Recognition Scholarship
- Honors: Lucie S. Jurow Scholarship
- Law Review: Brooklyn Law Review, Assistant Managing Editor
- Hofstra University; Frank G. Zarb School of Business
- B.A. – 2011
- Major: Business Management
- Major: International Affairs
Honors and Awards:
- DANY (Defense Association of New York) 2018 Scholarship Recipient
Classes and Seminars:
- Landlord-Tenant Litigation
- Real Estate Clinic
Pro Bono Activities:
- Brooklyn Law School Silver Pro Bono Award